Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!
This is me and my cousin at my brother's wedding. I'm the girl wearing my little brother's suit jacket.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Family Crisis

I think it was interesting to talk about family crisis and how families handle crisis. I will say it brought back a lot of less than pleasant memories. However, I won't get into those details.I think I learned a lot of valuable things through this discussion. It's a given that people handle crisis differently. Some turn to food, some turn to others, and some keep it all inside. Sometimes, even if you want to talk to someone about a crisis you can't. In class, one of the definitions of crisis mentioned was danger + opportunity. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Because sometimes it's the choices (opportunities taken or not taken) we make that lead to the crisis, and sometimes it's because of these poor choices that danger is created, thus also creating a crisis.

There can be a lot of stress involved in times of crisis. I don't know about anybody else, but I really hate being stressed out. There have been times of transition in my life, that have involved a lot of stress. I think some of the biggest crises my family has undergone is figuring out how to pay for school, potentially moving to New Mexico (my junior year of high school) and definitely times when loved ones have been in bad health. I know these don't sound that bad, but let's just say I'm just going to keep it to the easier hard times. My family has been through much worse than this, but I don't want to get really personal with this. What I have noticed though, is that each time we go through a crisis as a family, we become stronger. We grow closer. In times of stress, heartache, and uncertainty, I know that I can count on my family to be there for me. Crisis can affect families in many ways, it can cause tension, contention, and if you don't grow closer you certainly grow apart, which can lead to divorce. The important thing to remember when going through crisis, is that you need to draw closer, not apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment